ViewMate is still not operational on JewishGen, however family researchers can now submit images they need assistance identifying/translating on the JewishGen blog.
Submit an image:
- Save your image in a JPEG or PDF format only. Any other format will not be posted.
- Send an email to this address with your image saved as an attachment.
- The subject line must be: ViewMate.
- In the body of the email, provide a brief description of what you need help with.
- Include your name, email address and JGID. Your email address and JGID will not be posted.
View an image that has already been posted:
- All images will be posted on the blog in the special section for ViewMate.
- The file name will be “Name of Submitter-Current Date.” (eg John Smith – 01/08/2009)
- Visit the JewishGen Blog homepage, and select “CLICK HERE FOR VIEWMATE.”
- You will now see a list of all images that have been submitted.
- We will confirm that images have been received, but we will not confirm when they will be/have been posted.
- Generally speaking the images will be posted within 2-3 business days.
- Once your image has been posted, you may announce it on the discussion group. Be sure to include a link to the specific URL with your image or tell people to search for the appropriate file name (eg John Smith – 01/08/2009).
- Unfortunately we cannot provide technical support at the current time. If a file image that is sent to us does not work, we will not post it. Please do not email us with inquiries as we do not have the manpower to answer them.