Posted By Anne Feder Lee
The Philly 2009 conference team is pleased to share the following updates and
reminders with you:
- You can now download a PDF file (in grid format) showing the schedule of the conference program. Please note that the schedule is subject to change. However, this file will help you start planning which of the many wonderful presentations you will want to attend. To find, and print-out, this schedule, go to the conference web-site www.Philly2009.org and click on the Program button on the left. At the top of the first Program page you will see the sentence: "To download and print a matrix version of this program in PDF format, please click HERE." Click and it will be available for you.
- We have added a new section to the website called Where to Eat. You will find that button down at the very bottom of the left hand side of the conference home page. Click on that button to find a list Restaurants that are quick and close to the conference hotel, 1-2 blocks away, 3-5 blocks distance, highly recommended and kosher. There is also a category of markets, prepared food and takeout.
- Registration desk hours at the conference are now set: Saturday, August 1, (9:01 PM - 11:00 PM) at the Conference Registration Desk at the Sheraton Philadelphia City Center Hotel. On-site registration will resume at 7:00 am on Sunday, August 2. Registration will be open from 7:00 AM - 5:00 PM daily except on Friday, August 7, when it will be open from 7:00 AM - 10:00 AM. If you have already registered on-line, you can pick up your registration materials during those hours. On-site registration will take place during those same hours.
- Please remember that computer workshops during the week, and the two special workshops on Friday morning, require a fee and are limited in attendence. To make sure that you can participate in them, you are advised to sign up as soon as possible. If you have already registered, go to Registration Update and log-in using your log-in and password information received in your registration confirmation e-mail. If you have not yet registered, please go through the registration process and add those optional fee based items that you want to attend.
- Also, don't forget to check out the SIG luncheons. And, we encourage everyone to attend the Welcome dinner on Saturday evening and the Banquet on Thursday. The Welcome dinner is a perfect place to begin the week - meet new people and start networking. The Banquet is a great way to spend the last evening of the conference - celebrate the IAJGS Achievement Award winners and enjoy a great entertainer (to be announced shortly).
We look forward to seeing everyone in Philly!
Anne Feder Lee
Anne Feder Lee