Friday, October 29, 2010

Success!

Guest post by Angie Elfassi

From time to time I check JewishGen and the LitvakSIG for updates on my RAYKHZELIGMAN family.

Recently, I was very happy to see that on the LitvakSIG births there was a Ginde RAYKHZELIGMAN married to Yosel s/o Ezra SHATIL. I went to the All Lithuanian Revision Database to check SHATIL and found SHATIL Ginde d/o Yosel. In the comments column was written:
"lives in house of Rejkhzeligman; 1st husband A.
Yu. Nevyazhskij; 2nd husband Shatil"
I then checked out NEVYAZHSKIJ or NAVIASKY and found the name of her first husband - Abraham Yudel NAVIASKY, as well as the name of their child (what I believe was their only child) - Ieremaya b. 1862.

But there is more to the story. In response to an email I sent to several genealogy forums, someone contacted me and asked if I would be interested in information on the surname RAYKHZELIGMAN.

Of course I was!

The info was promptly sent me which showed that one of my ancestors Nakhman (b.1848) s/o Yosel (who happens to be Ginde's father too - para. 2 above) RAYKZELIGMAN was married to Khaia (info that I had on my tree) and that Khaia's maiden name was VARSHAVCHIK from Kaunas/Kovno.

I immediately went to JewishGen's Family Finder (JGFF) and found quite a few VARSHAVCHIK variations there. I sent off emails via JGFF and not much later that day (taking into account time difference between Israel and East Coast USA) I got a reply from a VARSHAVCHIK descendant; we have compared our trees, and they match!

What could be more exciting than that?!

Thanks JewishGen/LitvakSIG and that very kind person who sent me email info.

Angie Elfassi
Israel

Searching:
RAYKH-ZELIGMAN/RICHMAN, Stakliskes, Lithuania/Leeds
COHEN, Sakiai, Lithuania/Leeds
MAGIDOWITZ, Jurbarkas, Lithuania/Leeds
KASSIMOFF, Rezekne, Latvia/Leeds

Do you have a similar success story? We would love to publish it! Please send us a note by clicking here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are welcome. Please post responsibly.