I am pleased to announce the following IAJGS committee appointments.
Achievement Awards Committee
Mark Halpern, Philadelphia JGS Past President, Program Chair of the 29th IAJGS International Conference held in Philadelphia, and JRI Poland activist, will be chairing the Achievement Awards Committee. He will be joined by:
- Paul Cheifitz of Israel (formerly of South Africa), who is very active in the Latvian and South Africa SIG's.
- Jan Meisels Allen, IAJGS Board Member, PRAMC chairman and JGSCV President
- Laurence Harris of England, a former chairman of the JGS of Great Britain
- Michael Brenner, who is currently the IAJGS Vice President for Membership.
Hadassah Lipsius, an executive member of the JGS of NY, board member of JRI-Poland and Co-chair of the IAJGS International Conference in New York, will be chairing the Rabbi Malcolm Stern Grant Committee. She will be joined by:
- Lea Gedalia of Israel, a past IGS Secretary, Jerusalem Chair and Day Seminar Chair
- Heidi Urich, President of the JGS of Greater Boston
The IAJGS Nominating Committee will be chaired by IAJGS Past President Hal Bookbinder. He will be joined by:
- Mark Nicholls, Chairmen of the JGS of Great Britain
- Nolan Altman, IAJGS Board Member and JewishGen VP for Data Acquisition.